What they are and what they do?
You’ve heard about stem cells in the news, and perhaps you’ve wondered if they might help you or a loved one with a serious disease. You may wonder what stem cells are, how they’re being used to treat disease and injury, and why they’re the subject of such vigorous debate.
What are stem cells?
Stem cells: The body’s master cells
Stem cells are the body’s raw materials — cells from which all other cells with specialized functions are generated. Under the right conditions in the body or a laboratory, stem cells divide to form more cells called daughter cells.
These daughter cells either become new stem cells (self-renewal) or become specialized cells (differentiation) with a more specific function, such as blood cells, brain cells, heart muscle cells or bone cells. No other cell in the body has the natural ability to generate new cell types.
Why is there such an interest in stem cells?
Researchers and doctors hope stem cell studies can help to:
- Increase understanding of how diseases occur.
- Generate healthy cells to replace diseased cells (regenerative medicine).
- Test new drugs for safety and effectiveness.
Why Choose Stem Cell Therapy in Mexico
Stem cell treatment in Mexico has become a revolutionary model of health treatments. Hence, people look for quality and affordable stem cell therapy. Wondering why to choose Mexico for stem cell transplant, here are the reasons:
- Location: It is a popular destination for medical travel. The source markets including America, Canada, and Europe.
- Cost-Effective: Stem cell therapy cost in Mexico is lower than the prices in the USA and Canada. However, the actual cost entirely depends on the type and source of stem cells
- Legal Treatment: Federal Government has made it compulsory for stem cell clinics to have a license from COFEPRIS. This is the Mexican equivalent to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.